Do you use the Discord app on your phone and engage in voice conversation with friends?
The voice conversations with friends in the Discord app create more fun than typing messages. This voice chat is available on Discord’s channel in which all members can talk and listen in chat. But sometimes you might need some quiet and peace while others are taking. So, for its discord, have a great feature called “Deafen” which will help you with it.
What is Deafen On discord?
Deafen on Discord voice channels is a button that stops you from hearing what others are saying in Discord voice chat. When you enable deafen option, you will not hear what others are saying. Discord deafening is different from mute option, when you enable mute option others will not hear you.
You can enable mute yourself only if are with your family or on a phone call so that discord voice chat members can’t hear you. Moreover, you can deafen yourself when you want some quiet and peace while staying in chat.
You have two ways to deafen on Discord mobile. That is deafening yourself on Discord OR deafening someone else on Discord.
Below are steps to deafen yourself on Discord mobile.
How to deafen yourself On Discord Mobile
To make use the deafen yourself on Discord mobile, follow the below steps.
- Open the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Select the server you want to join from the list.
- Tap on the three-line menu icon located at the top left corner.
- Choose the voice channel where you want to engage in voice chat.
- Tap on the Join Voice on the pop-up menu that appears.
- Now tap on the people icon on the top of the screen, it will show you a list of members in the voice channel.
- Select your username from the list of members.
- Once you select your username then finally click on the “server deafen” to deafen yourself and enjoy a noise-free experience.
So, the above are the steps when you want to deafen yourself on Discord mobile. You can do it if you are a member of the voice channel.
To deafen another member on Discord, you must be admin other OR you should have permissions.
Below are steps to deafen someone else on the Discord voice channel.
- Open the Discord app on your phone.
- Tap on the three-icon located at the top left corner.
- Select the server and then the voice channel in which you want to deafen someone else.
- Tap on the people icon located at the top, it will show you a list of members in voice chat.
- Choose the person you want to deafen from the member’s list.
- Tap on that member, and you will see the option “server deafen”. Tap on it and that member will not hear hair any voice from the chat.
Deafen on Discord is a great option that enables users to control who can hear you and to whom you only want to hear. If you want to deafen others, then you should have administrative authority and permission to do that. Else, you can deafen yourself even if you are not an admin.